Thank you for the work on the driver. I am trying to use with a Belkin Wireless N USB Adapter with the following device info
[332381.892035] usb 1-7: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
[332382.044259] usb 1-7: New USB device found, idVendor=050d, idProduct=815c
[332382.044263] usb 1-7: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[332382.044266] usb 1-7: Product: F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter
[332382.044269] usb 1-7: Manufacturer: Belkin
[332382.044389] usb 1-7: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
I obtained the latest git snapshot of rt2x00 and built the kernel. The driver is detected properly and I can associate with a WLAN. However, I am not able to obtain any address via DHCP. Assigning a static IP address works but only allows me to ping to the router and some web sites.
I have tried configuring everything manually using iwconfig and /etc/network/interfaces. I have also tried wicd network manager. But I am stuck here. Any help would be great.
[b2066kd5b]Some additional notes[/b2066kd5b]
[code2066kd5b]Linux debian 2.6.30-rc6-wl #1 SMP Fri Jun 12 17:41:20 PDT 2009 i686 GNU/Linux[/code2066kd5b]
* Have tried compiling a kernel for x86 and ppc and faced the same issues described above.
[332382.304100] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
[332382.537981] phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel'
[332382.538993] Registered led device: rt2800usb-phy0::radio
[332382.539016] Registered led device: rt2800usb-phy0::assoc
[332382.539039] Registered led device: rt2800usb-phy0::quality
[332382.539463] usbcore: registered new interface driver rt2800usb
[332435.954081] rt2800usb 1-7:1.0: firmware: requesting rt2870.bin
[332436.202689] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
[332448.376691] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
[332448.435124] wlan0: direct probe to AP 00:07:40:53:26:3f try 1
[332448.461749] wlan0: direct probe to AP 00:07:40:53:26:3f try 1
[332448.463769] wlan0 direct probe responded
[332448.463774] wlan0: authenticate with AP 00:07:40:53:26:3f
[332448.465757] wlan0: authenticated
[332448.465762] wlan0: associate with AP 00:07:40:53:26:3f
[332448.467762] wlan0: RX AssocResp from 00:07:40:53:26:3f (capab=0x401 status=0 aid=8)
[332448.467765] wlan0: associated
Just to update the status
Replacing [bc1928wdf]dhcp3-client[/bc1928wdf] with [bc1928wdf]dhcpcd[/bc1928wdf] allows the wlan0 interface to obtain an IP address via dhcp. Pinging all the different websites is a success. However, http access still does not work. Using wireshark, I could see that the initial http request is sent and a http response is received. Looking at the TCP header in Wireshark shows that a segment is lost.
I also tried using my mail client. The initial connect works with IMAP but subsequent accesses fails.