[rt2x00-users] RT2860 PCI - how to set up

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Fri Apr 24 19:53:36 CDT 2009

Hello,

I have read the forums and list archives but am stil a bit lost.

I have an RT2860 PCI card. I am now using the Ralink driver but would like
to be able to use rt2x00. I still could not work out:

- Is rt2800pci alreasy usable and should it be used?
- If yes, is there a howto on setting it up? I have only found the way to
get a git snapshot. I need to know how to build, what kernels are
supported,and where to put the firmware from ralink's website.
- ...or should I wait until the working 2800 code gets into mainline kernel?
If so what is the status on that? One forum thread mentioned an "rt2860sta"
driver - is that going into the kernel too?

Sorry for being confused. I did try to read all possible sources but could
not figure things out.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik