[rt2x00-users] Patches ahead for rt2800pci & rt2800usb !
benoit.papillault at free.fr
Sat Aug 29 21:13:14 UTC 2009
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I just sent 12 patches to the list related to rt2800pci and rt2800usb.
With those patches, both driver are working in 802.11abg mode with
software or hardware crypto. There is still some glitches :
1. rt2800usb can receive some buffer containing multiple 802.11
frames. Only the first frame is returned to mac80211. As a
consequence, the driver behaves like if some packet were lost
2. minstrel or TX status is usable, but I suspect that the exact
accounting is not properly done. Since I don't know the minstrel code
a lot, I cannot dig further at this point.
3. The device can tune to HT channels (ht40+/ht40-) and this has been
checked with other 802.11n AP
4. TX status in rt2800usb has not been implemented. The TX_STA_FIFO is
not read at this point. We need to find a way to implement this.
5. Since I switched from 2.6.30-wl to 2.6.31-rc6-wl, RFkill is enabled
at boot, which is quite cool for testing.
I have tested with a rt2860 (minipci) and rt2870 (usb) devices.
Those patches are based on the current rt2x00 git tree.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the users