[rt2x00-users] rt2800pci: hang on module unload (SoC) and possible fix

Helmut Schaa helmut.schaa at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 25 18:55:12 UTC 2010

Am Sonntag 25 April 2010 schrieb Gertjan van Wingerde:
> Sorry, I only just found this in my inbox.

No worries, that's alright ;)

> It looks like my rt2800pci based PCI devices suffer from the same issue.
> However, your patch doesn't seem to help. On my system it simply speeds up
> the hang.

Hmm, ok, that's bad :(

It did help on the SoC device. I can put the interface up and down as I like
when using this patch. The hang does happen immediately when writing the
WPDMA_RST_IDX register the first time (when the first tx queue is getting
killed).

When putting a printk in front of the register write and behind only the first
one is printed out.

Can you locate where the PCI device hangs (btw does it hang the whole
machine?)? Maybe it's a different hang on PCI, or maybe the patch just
accidentelly helps on SoC devices :)

> I don't have the time right now to fully investigate this, but your patch
> doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Ok, nevertheless, thanks for testing.

Helmut