[rt2x00-users] rt2x00: tsf_sync values?

Helmut Schaa helmut.schaa at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 5 20:20:40 AEST 2010

Hi,

rt2x00reg.h defines the following sync modes:

 63 enum tsf_sync {
 64         TSF_SYNC_NONE = 0,
 65         TSF_SYNC_INFRA = 1,
 66         TSF_SYNC_BEACON = 2,
 67 };

The sync value is on all ralink devices a two bit field.

On rt2800 however there is one more sync mode:

3: ap mode -> sync with nobody

At the moment we just programm TSF_SYNC_BEACON = 2 to the hardware which is
used for AdHoc beaconing setup (witch includes syncing the TSF with the TSF
of other AdHoc nodes). Basically the beaconing works correct but I _guess_
(and this is really just a guess) it would be possible to change the APs TSF
counter by sending a beacon with the same SSID to it.

So, do the older ralink devices really use only values 0..2 for the
synchronization setup?

Thanks,
Helmut