[rt2x00-users] rt2860 - is it possible to use this chipset nowadays?

Luis Correia buga at loide.net
Sat Jul 10 05:27:30 AEST 2010

Mike,

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 03:28, Mike Edwards <pf-rt2x00 at mirkwood.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 10:13:17PM +0000, SMC babbled thus:
>> My EeePC 901 has one of these chipsets internally.  "lspci -v" reports:
>
> <snip>
>
>> The rt2800pci driver ALMOST works for me.  In my case, last time I tried it I
>> WAS getting association, and I could even get about 10-15 pings to
>> successfully go through the router to another machine on the network, at which
>> point the packets would suddenly stop with no apparent error (other than that
>> lack of packets...)  If I dropped the connection and re-opened it, as I
>> recall, it would do it again (i.e. another 10-12 packets or so and then
>> nothing)..
>>
>> Not really "usable" but a sign of possible progress.  This was on 2.6.33,
>> connecting to a WEP (rather than WPA) router.

I've finally found the time to test compile some of the last changes
made to rt2x00.git tree.

And, for the absolute first time, and even with the MCU errors, my
connection to my 11n WPA2 AP is working.

In fact, I'm writing this email over it, and even botheres to remove
the ethernet cord... (this is a tower pc)

so, I urge you to test out the kernel available in this tree, which is
very similar to wireless-testing:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ivd/rt2x00.git/

Let me know the results you get.

Luis Correia
rt2x00 project admin