[rt2x00-users] Unknown Symbol!

Ivo Van Doorn ivdoorn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 03:03:48 AEST 2010

Hi,
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Ivo Van Doorn <ivdoorn at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I am trying to call the function ( EnqueueChSwAnn ) which is written in
>> > the
>> > file ~/common/spectrum.c. I am trying to call it from my code that is
>> > written in different module in ~/common/rtmp_init.c. But, when I do
>> > (modprobe rt3572sta), i always get " Unknown Symbol : EnqueueChSwAnn. I
>> > also
>> > tried to call it using function pointers method, but that also didn't
>> > work!
>> > (I am using 2010_06_25_RT3572_Linux_STA_v2.4.0.0 driver).

All functions which you want to be available in different modules must never
be staticly defined. Secondly the symbol must be exported to be available.
In the kernel there is a macro which handles it for you:
EXPORT_SYMBOL

To export a function called EnqueueChSwAnn you have to add:

EXPORT_SYMBOL(EnqueueChSwAnn);

in the ralink module.

Ivo