[rt2x00-users] rt2800: missing parts for 11n support

Helmut Schaa helmut.schaa at googlemail.com
Fri May 7 21:22:38 AEST 2010

Hi Ivo, Gertjan and others,

using 11n MCS rates works already fine with the rt2800 devices when hardcoded
in the tx descriptor ;) as far as I could see also reception of MCS rates works
fine as long as HT20 is used.

I also tried minstrel_ht but that triggered a lot of warnings because of
the missing ampdu_action callback. Just returning an error in the callback
allows the rc algorithm to choose MCS rates but will reject all ba sessions.
But since minstrel_ht is not upstream yet it doesn't make sense to send
a patch for that.

Nevertheless, in order to get "real" 11n support we would have to implement
the ampdu_action callback to set up the ba sessions in the device.

Did I miss anything here or is it really only this one bit missing to get
11n support?

Thanks,
Helmut