[rt2x00-users] Missing skb_pad() return value checks in rt2x00 driver
wolfgang.kufner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 06:37:21 EST 2011
On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Ivo Van Doorn <ivdoorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Between here and where you added the padding are a couple of function
> calls which use the skb->len field. So this patch would change the value what
> they expect. Have you checked the possible impact?
I don't think skb_pad() touches skb->len. It writes zeros into the tailroom:
* skb_pad - zero pad the tail of an skb
* @skb: buffer to pad
* @pad: space to pad
* Ensure that a buffer is followed by a padding area that is zero
* filled. Used by network drivers which may DMA or transfer data
* beyond the buffer end onto the wire.
* May return error in out of memory cases. The skb is freed on error.
More information about the users