[rt2x00-users] Support for RT3072E ?

Ian Jeffray ian at jeffray.co.uk
Sun Sep 25 23:08:24 AEST 2011

Dear all,

I have a SWEEX LW324 adaptor, which Sweex claim is an RT3072E device.

The identification on the chip seems to say 'RT3072I' however the last
character is not very clear.  There are two Unictron AA029 chip
antennas and I believe the configuration is 2T2R.  The marking on the
PCB is 'RT3072-A  V2.1'

The latest wireless-next driver says:
phy0 -> rt2x00_set_chip: Info - Chipset detected - rt: 3071, rf: 000e,
rev: 021c.

And lsusb says:
148f:2870 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870 Wireless Adapter

This device does is not recognised by the rt2x00 driver because of
the unknown '000e' RF block.

I've tried hacking the driver, faking '000e' as various RF options,
with no joy.  The firmware loads, but there's no wireless activity,
and these errors:
phy0 -> rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
phy0 -> rt2x00usb_watchdog_tx_dma: Warning - TX queue 0 DMA timed out,
invoke forced forced reset

I'm struggling to find a good performance 802.11n device for Linux
use, and this device works so well in Windows that I hope to be able
to use it in Linux.

Very prepared to do any work required to get this device supported
by the driver, but have not had any joy with getting info or response
from Ralink directly.

Any information and advice anyone could share, I'd be very grateful.

Regards,

Ian Jeffray