[rt2x00-users] [RFT] rt2x00: Tear down BA session on QoS frame failure

Andreas Hartmann andihartmann at 01019freenet.de
Sat Apr 7 07:04:06 EST 2012

Ted Strong wrote:

>> Yeah, rebasing my local tree broke it ...
>> Just replace skb with entry->skb in the patch for trying.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Helmut
>>

> I can confirm I am having the same problem with my rt2x00 in AP mode.  After a
> kernel bisect, my stalling problem was found to be caused by commit
> f0425beda4d404a6e751439b562100b902ba9c98 .

This is an already known old bug :-)

http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?group=gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general&article=83304

It's a pity that there are patches applied _and_ aren't removed again
even if they are known to break a working driver meanwhile for months
now. Since linux 3.2, the driver is now broken - but it's called stable
anyway. Testing seems to be somewhat useless although it's always requested.

> I have opened an Ubuntu bug for this issue
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/965043 , and attempted the
> patch you suggested here, however this causes my system to crash as well.

Do you have a smp system (more than one core), too?

BTW:
You could check if you have this problem, too:

http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?group=gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general&article=75392

http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?group=gmane.linux.drivers.rt2x00.user&article=135

You can work around it with the attached patch mostly originally from
Helmut (if you use one bssid).

Regards,
Andreas