[rt2x00-users] IRQ sharing on rt2500pci

Albert Pool albertpool at solcon.nl
Wed Jan 4 05:51:00 AEDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm having problems with IRQ sharing and the rt2500pci driver. I've
tried two cards: Sweex LC700050 and Sitecom WL-115. Both cards have a
Ralink RT2500 chipset (RT2560+RT2525).

The Sweex card works fine in any PCI slot.
The Sitecom card does not work fine in the 2nd PCI slot where it shares
an IRQ with the onboard ethernet (Marvell 88E8001). Often interrupts
don't arrive which renders the card useless. And if it manages to
connect, the whole system locks up in a few minutes.
But in the 3rd PCI slot, sharing an IRQ with onboard USB 2.0, both wifi
cards work fine (note that I'm using only one at the same time).

I thought IRQ conflicts were a thing of the past?

My motherboard is Asus P4P800 SE, with Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.2E CPU.
All PCI slots on this board share an IRQ with either USB or network (the
configuration is a little different from the one shown in the manual).

By the way, I'm not subscribed to the list.

Regards,

Albert Pool