[rt2x00-users] Backport "rt2800pci: fix spurious interrupts generation" to Linux 3.2.x?

Dennis Martin Herbers dennis.martin.herbers at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 21 09:11:20 AEDT 2012

Hi,

so maybe someone will remember my performance problems with the RT3090 I
talked about in this list half a year ago. I am glad to see this fixed
within the Linux 3.3rc1 kernel through this commit, "rt2800pci: fix
spurious interrupts generation". Canonical (Ubuntu) would like to fix this
issue for Ubuntu 12.04, but they are using a Linux 3.2 based kernel and are
uncomfortable to backport patches that are not upstream in Linux and ask
whether you are going to submit this for inclusion into the Linux 3.2
branch.

That would help a lot of users, especially since this is a LTS kernel and a
LTS Ubuntu release!

Regards,

Dennis

PS: See here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/896582