[rt2x00-users] RT3070 stalling seconds after connect

Michel Bouwmans mfb.chikazuku at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 06:04:42 AEDT 2012

On 20 January 2012 10:28, Stanislaw Gruszka <sgruszka at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 09:04:17PM +0100, Michel Bouwmans wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I've recently received a USB WIFi-dongle with the RT3070 chipset:
> >
> > phy2 -> rt2x00_set_chip: Info - Chipset detected - rt: 3070, rf: 0005,
> rev:
> > 0201.
> > phy2 -> rt2x00lib_request_firmware: Info - Loading firmware file
> > 'rt2870.bin'.
> > phy2 -> rt2x00lib_request_firmware: Info - Firmware detected - version:
> > 0.29.
> >
> > It works OK for a couple of seconds and than stalls. No network traffic
> at
> > all is getting through. Whilst I still have connectivity, and after I
> loose
> > connectivity, lines like the following are already outputted to dmesg:
> >
> > phy2 -> rt2800usb_txdone_entry_check: Warning - TX status report missed
> for
> > queue 2 entry 33
> >
> > This line is also outputted in between, about the same time I loose
> > connectivity:
> >
> > phy2 -> rt2800usb_txdone_entry_check: Warning - Data pending for entry 39
> > in queue 2
>
> These messages can not indicate an error condition, i.e. I have them too
> on well working devices. But of course they can indicate an error too.
>
> > Does anyone know what could be happening? I'm running vanilla kernel
> 3.2.1
> > and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty if needed.
>
> Not really, I think problem can be related with the way rt2x00 program
> low level radio stuff, i.e lack of some quirks that vendor driver do.
> So unfortunately, my only advice is to use driver from ralink site,
> at least for now.
>
> Stanislaw

Thanks for the advice. I've checked the vendor driver and after a while it
produces the same problem strangely enough. The vendor driver does produce
an error:

ERROR!!! CntlEnqueueForRecv: BlockAck Request frame length size = 44
incorrect

I might have received a broken device or something. Don't have a way to
check this.

Yours,

Michel Bouwmans