[rt2x00-users] rt2800usb strange error message from time to time with a ralink 3070 Wireless

Stanislaw Gruszka sgruszka at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 01:59:43 AEDT 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 11:43:45AM -0800, Brian Norris wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:02 AM, Andreas Hartmann
> <andihartmann at 01019freenet.de> wrote:
> > Brian Norris schrieb:

> > They already know about it:
> >
> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg83802.html
>
> Is this definitely the same problem? There seem to be many variations
> of the same "Vendor Request" errors going back for years.

We read different register here, but this could be related. Actually
this could be the usb layer bug i.e. uhci or ehci . Or usb firmware on
device site. Perhaps this should be debugged using drivers/usb/host
debugging facilities, or if this is a regression: bisected (or at least
narrowed to the two consecutive kernel versions) ?

Stanislaw