[rt2x00-users] RT5592 not supported in rt2800pci

Charlie Woollard myself at charliewoollard.com
Tue Jul 31 05:10:21 AEST 2012

Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, I've never used a mailing list before.

The RT5592 is a chipset by Ralink and I think it is currently only used
in the Asus PCE-N53, I have this card. Currently, the only drivers
available are the ones provided by Asus, these cause the system to crash
on all tests I have done, however I can only test on very new kernels
due to the support for my graphics card, I am not alone with this
problem: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1139061

I don't know if the information provided here is helpful:
http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/pipermail/users_rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/2012-June/005000.html

Do you have any information as to if/when the drivers will be added to
rt2800pci for the RT5592? I really want to convert to Linux distros from
Windows, however this is the only thing stopping me.

Please help!
Charlie