[rt2x00-users] RT5572 status (D-Link DWA-160 B2)

LAUKENS Niels Niels.LAUKENS at VRT.BE
Mon Apr 8 19:07:02 AEST 2013

On 2013-04-05 18:14, Gregor Larson wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:27 AM, LAUKENS Niels <Niels.LAUKENS at vrt.be>
>wrote:
>>I've tried to apply these patches on my kernel (non-vanilla 3.5.7.6).
>> Automatically patching with git fails on about every of the 25 patches.
>>My
>> next attempt was to apply them manually. I've managed to get the kernel
>> compile, but it panics on boot, so I've been a bit too liberal in my
>> adaptations.
>
>I tried to get the patches applied to the Quantal (3.5) kernel but
>eventually gave up (to many differences).
>I was eventually successful applying the patches to the linux-stable
>3.8.y branch as well as a Raring (3.8) kernel.  You can look at the
>complete change (relative to 3.8.5) at:
>http://glarson.org/share/rt5592/

Thanks for that!
However, I'm stuck with a 3.5 kernel because I want/need the mptcp-patches
[1].

I did manage to get the compat-drivers that Stanislaw suggested compiled
and working. It's a bit unpractical that I need to update the kernel and
re-update these modules everytime, but I'll get by.

Thx,
Niels

[1] http://mptcp.info.ucl.ac.be/

*** Disclaimer ***
Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroeporganisatie
Auguste Reyerslaan 52, 1043 Brussel

nv van publiek recht
BTW BE 0244.142.664
RPR Brussel