[rt2x00-users] rt2800usb and automatic channel selection

Sven Neumann neumann at teufel.de
Mon Dec 15 21:25:35 AEDT 2014

Hi,

we are trying to use hostapd with a rt2800usb device. This works fine so far, but we have found that the automatic channel selection feature of hostapd (see http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Documentation/acs) doesn't work properly. This is because the survey based algorithm relies on the nl80211 survey API command to  query the interface for channel active time, channel busy time, channel  tx time and noise It appears that the rt2800 drivers implement the get_survey command, but it is are not filling in infomation about the noise floor. Now I wonder if there is a chance that this information is somehow available in the driver and whether the get_survey command could be changed to also provide information about the noise floor on a specific channel. Any help with that would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Sven

---
Sven Neumann